Nice enemy movement and powerups.
Simple Shooter Bullet Barrage
This is Simple Shooter
In this short basic shmup (Shoot 'em ups) you will face numerous waves of alien invaders trying to destroy our galaxy. Make them feel the taste of your space bullets and cover them with a barrage of bullets
You must shoot down all the aliens. Also, try to collect bonus coins to get special shoots, extra lives, and shields throughout your journey of liberating the galaxy. These power-ups will be very helpful in your task of repealing alien attacks.
- Cursor movement: arrow keys
- Fire: Z
- Use special shoots: X
Controllers are also supported.
The game has 8 procedurally generated levels filled with six types of enemies with different movements and attacks, and the final boss fight.
Based on the feedback received during the jam period, some modifications were made:
- Overheating mechanic was deleted
- Pickups are saved during wave transitions
- Shields now have an indicator like the special shoots
- The artwork of the first enemy was modified to make clear that it is an enemy and not a pickup
- Behavior of the green orbiting enemy and the boss was modified to prevent warping during the attack phase
- Music was added.
Special thanks to:
Gruber for Pico-8 Tunes Vol. 2. I use the songs "Into the Belt", "Flight of Icarus", and "Dimensional Gate" for this project.
My dear friend Fabio Coltro for helping me with the drawing and animation of the boss. I think that working together we got a great boss for this game.
I'd like to thank also TheGacko, Aktane, and the other guys at LazyDevs Discord for playtesting and for the feedback.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Simple Shooter Bullet Barrage feedback implementations72 days ago
- Simple Shooter Bullet Barrage is out!90 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for playing! I am glad you enjoyed :D
fun little game reminds me of galaga :D
This is great. Good enemy variety. I got some things I noted if you like .. Boss was cool. Ill leave some other things i noted on the basic shmup page..